We have detected that you are using an older version of Internet Explorer (web browser). As a result this website will not be displayed correctly and this may prevent you from using some key features. We receommend that you upgrade your version of Internet Explorer or instead use an alternative web browser, if you don't have access to an alternative web browser please visit www.outdatedbrowser.com to view a list of available web browsers you can install on your computer/device.
Code of Conduct
Please click here for the full Code of Conduct Document.
Our accredited landlords are declaring they agree to Telford & Wrekin landlord accreditation schemes code of conduct and abide by the below statements:
Terms & Conditions
Landlords declare that:
- Have read and understood the expectations of the Telford & Wrekin landlord accreditation scheme and confirm that as a Landlord/Letting Agent I/all properties meet the scheme requirements of a Landlord as stated in the code of conduct
- Conduct will be in accordance with the provisions of the Scheme and, subject to rights of appeal, will comply with Telford and Wrekin landlord accreditation scheme its decisions and understand that members will be removed from the scheme if served a valid notice or are prosecuted
- Declaring this on behalf all owners/directors/partners/trustees and in doing so accepting responsibility on behalf of others for ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Telford & Wrekin Landlord Accreditation Scheme
- Certification Subject to statutes, they hold all relevant safety and inspection certificates and reports, and carry out regular servicing of fitting, fixtures, installations or appliances as required in accordance with good practice. Where necessary copies of these will be provided to the tenants
- To the best of the knowledge of the landlord and belief the information in this application is correct
- Agree and consent to their information being processed and shared in this way
- Agree that other people involved in the scheme administration can send relevant information onto landlords for landlord events and issues
- Pay £100 joining fee to join T&WAS which is non-refundable (Note if you joined by November 29th 2018 this fee would of been £50 )
- Telford and Wrekin Landlord Accreditation Scheme reserves the right to terminate membership for breach of the code of conduct as stated above or failing to achieve accreditation status with the scheme within one months of applying
Fit and proper person, landlords declare that:
- Have not committed any offence involving fraud or other dishonesty, or violence or drugs, or any offence to the Sexual Offences Act 2003
- Have not practised unlawful discrimination on grounds of sex, colour, race, ethnic or national origins or disability in, or in connection with, the carrying on of any business
- Have not contravened any provision of the law relating to housing or of landlord and tenant law.
- If requested, and with the assistance of, will provide the scheme operator with a copy of a Criminal Record Bureau report as part of the process of satisfying the ‘fit and proper person’ requirement of the scheme.
- Have read the Fit and Proper Person points set out in the code of conduct and will abide by these rules
[ Version: 184.108.40.206]